Thursday, September 2, 2010




Tendinitis is no fun! It was my constant, unwanted, companion for close to a month and more.

It managed to hurt me, scare me, give up hope and do a lot of things to me, which I thought I had become adept at handling.

There was physical pain that I had to deal with. Then there was the emotional pain, because it prevented me from doing what I like the most -photography.

I feared that I might never be able to click another pic. And that scared the hell out of me.

That's why this pic and the following one are important to me. Because, after weeks of not knowing whether I'd be able to click another pic, I shot these two pics -and that was a moment of reckoning for me.

And somewhere down the line, I lettendinitis take over me. Fear creeps in the minute you let something or someone scare you. And it takes you sometime before you realise that technically, you are the one responsible for your fears -it's all in the head.

These pics are also important for yet another reason. Once I got back to taking pics, got my tendinitis under control I had to deal with other thoughts -thoughts of `giving up'.

I said to myself, now there is no point in continuing with the 365 day project...there's been such a long break...blah, blah, blah....
when you are in doubt always have a serious chat with yourself. Thrash the matter out. And that's what I did.
And now, I said to myself...well, so what if I cannot finish the 365 day project in 365 days but take longer than that...that's when I truly, for the very first time in my life, understood the meaning of the saying: It's not the destination that matters, but the journey.
And so, here I am ready to continue my journey.

BTW, thank you all you lovely people who wrote to me -nice to know that people care even if we haven't ever met :)

No comments:

Post a Comment