Tuesday, August 3, 2010


There is a place in my head
that I go to ever so often.
A place in my head that's
been my go-to place
when I am sad
when I am angry
when I am dejected
Or even when I want
to drift away to
a happy place.

This place in my head
first came to me in the form of a dream
Or did it really?
This place in my head
has been with me for so long
that I can no longer tell the difference.
How does it matter
whether it is a place that I go to
with my eyes closed or
with my eyes open.

It is a beautiful place on a cliff
closer to the skies.
There is a river or sea below.
There is all but a one-roomed house
But it is not the house that I go to.
The go-to place in my head
is a patch of grass, close to the cliff
where I can lay flat on my back
with the vast skies above me
and the sound of water below me.

Every time I go to this place
I feel happy.
I feel connected.
To what?
I don't know.
All I know is that the
connection is right.
It is meant to be.

Over the years this patch of green,
on the cliff, under the canopy of the skies
has been my `happy-place'.

A place that is so much a part of me
that I can smell the freshness of the grass
feel the cool breeze and hear the sound of water below.
I can feel the warmth of the golden, evening sun
I can sometimes feel the early morning dewdrops on my skin.
I can tell you every little detail of that place.

Apparently, we all have our `happy-place' in our minds.
A place that is a refuge, a spa of sorts, that help you
rejuvenate. It's just that some forget to visit it in their
busy lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment